Re: [PageVisibility] Page Visibility 2 - Patent disclosure update?

On Mon, 2014-09-22 at 18:20 -0500, Jeffrey Gilbert wrote:
> The last update to this document was Novermber 27th, 2013. After almost a
> year of quiet, I'm wondering if there has been any movement on gathering
> the patent disclosure requested in the document, or if this was ever
> revisted. The last line of the current document linked here (
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webperf/raw-file/tip/specs/PageVisibility2/Overview.html
> )
> reads:
>
> "This document was produced by a group operating under the 5 February 2004
> W3C Patent Policy. W3C maintains a public list of any patent disclosures
> made in connection with the deliverables of the group; that page also
> includes instructions for disclosing a patent. An individual who has actual
> knowledge of a patent which the individual believes contains Essential
> Claim(s) must disclose the information in accordance with section 6 of the
> W3C Patent Policy."
>
> This technology is fundamental to improving web application performance, as
> has been the case with similar technologies (requestAnimationFrame,
> PageVisibility 1, timer throttling, connection throttling, defer/async,
> lazy loading, etc). I would like to see it moved forward if it's currently
> collecting dust.

Which part of PV2 do you exactly need asap? Page Visibility 2 contains
substantial clarification over Page Visibility 1. It is related to
iframe,the CSS properties display/opacity. If I remember correctly, last
time we talked about this topic, it wasn't clear at the end whether we
could even make the change. See the thread at [1].

Philippe

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2014Jan/0040.html