Re: making page visibility a property of document instead of top level browsing context

On 11/27/13 11:13 PM, Arvind Jain wrote:
> I've uploaded another version of the draft here to include feedback from
> this thread. Could folks take another look?
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webperf/raw-file/tip/specs/PageVisibility2/Overview.html

Sorry for the late response here; this ended up in the spam folder.

I do have one comment, though:  I still don't understand why we didn't
do this in V1; at the time people seemed very insistent on tying
subframe visibility to toplevel document visibility, complete with test
suites that test for that behavior.  At this point, the tied behavior is
shipping in multiple UAs, so there are web compat concerns with changing
it, at least for me....  I see that the spec is now a REC, but is there
an actual test suite for the new behavior and shipping implementations
of it?