Re: 答复: W3C Navigation Error Logging - log when UA crash/freeze?

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 8:51 AM, Aaron Heady (BING AVAILABILITY) <
aheady@microsoft.com> wrote:

> We’ve been pretty careful to this point about including very little (no)
> user sensitive information in the error events. Although I would love to
> get the stack trace, I think that would require something like opting into
> a ‘Customer Experience Program’ that has informed consent. Stack traces
> from apps contain a lot of potentially sensitive information. Much more
> than the URL and other normal request information that we technically
> already have access to when a UA makes a request.

+1. Practically speaking, I think stack traces are off-limits.

> I was thinking about it just being a specific error type, say ‘Crash’
> versus ‘DNS failure’, and we’d get the same information as other errors.
> The key being the URL that the crash occurred on.

We have "abandoned", which maps to user canceling the navigation. Perhaps
adding an error type that indicates a "UA abandoned" state is not
unreasonable? This could be due to crashes and other processing errors -
e.g. aborted due to a redirect chain.

ig