Re: negotiated protocol in Navigation and Resource Timing

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 11:55 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 8:49 PM, Ilya Grigorik <igrigorik@google.com>
> wrote:
> > Updated: https://github.com/w3c/navigation-timing/pull/4 - how does that
> > look?
>
> If this is for all resources, what if it was generated using a blob
> URL or a data URL? Heck, even about:blank can theoretically be
> fetched.

Note that above update is for navigation timing, so it only affects the
main page.

I'm extending step 17 in the processing model [1]:
https://github.com/w3c/navigation-timing/pull/4/files#diff-eacf331f0ffc35d4b482f1d15a887d3bR997

Step 12 jumps to step 18: "if the resource is fetched from the relevant
application cache or local resources, including the HTTP cache, go to step
18."

So, if the response comes from cache, is a local resource, etc, then we
skip over 17 and networkProtocol is null... which, I think, makes sense?
Same logic would apply for Resource Timing as well.

ig

[1] http://w3c.github.io/navigation-timing/#processing-model