Re: Animation frame task

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 2:36 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 8:07 AM, James Robinson <jamesr@google.com> wrote:
> > 1.) Run tasks in the bag-of-stuff-to-run-before RAF in some order
> (probably
> > FIFO).  This includes the set of things Elliot mentioned (scroll updates,
> > media queries, etc etc) and anything else we want to put in other than
> the
> > requestAnimationFrame events themselves
>
> This might be problematic for things that tie into each other. E.g.
> screen orientation wants to do things after fullscreen changes in one
> way or another as I understand it. Not sure how that would work with
> FIFO, though I guess screen orientation and fullscreen could just have
> tight coupling.

How do they coordinate today?  They must at least post to the same task
queue to preserve order.  I think what this gets as is the granularity of
task considered by this algorithm.  Whatever is making sure that the
fullscreen and screen orientation events are coherent today (i.e. running
out of one task, running in the same task queue, whatever) should continue
to work in this scheme as well.

- James