Re: [ResourceTiming] Handling of "resourcetimingbufferfull" events makes no sense

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 18:53:03 -0400
To: Arvind Jain <arvind@google.com>
CC: public-web-perf <public-web-perf@w3.org>
On 9/9/13 5:17 PM, Arvind Jain wrote:
> The event handler for the |resourcetimingbufferfull| event. The
> |resourcetimingbufferfull| event must be triggered immediately after the
> buffer used to store the list of PerformanceResourceTiming
> <http://www.w3c-test.org/webperf/specs/ResourceTiming/#performanceresourcetiming> resources
> becomes full.

You need to say what target the event is dispatched on, what sort of
event object it is (Event, or some other interface) and what its
properties are: .target, .bubbles, .cancelable.  I recommend looking at
other specifications that dispatch events to see how to do it.

> And the addition of EventTarget seems to be a result of this:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2013Aug/0023.html
>
> Should we remove the inheritance from EventTarget?

It should move into whatever specification defines the core Performance
interface.