[ResourceTiming] Handling of "resourcetimingbufferfull" events makes no sense

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 16:39:25 -0400
To: public-web-perf@w3.org
This is implementor feedback on
http://www.w3c-test.org/webperf/specs/ResourceTiming/#extensions-performance-interface

Note that
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-resource-timing-20120522/#performanceresourcetiming-methods
does not have the problem I'm about to describe.

The draft says:

   onresourcetimingbufferfull attribute
   The event handler for the resourcetimingbufferfull event. The
   resourcetimingbufferfull event must be fired at the Document
   immediately after the buffer used to store the list of
   PerformanceResourceTiming resources becomes full.

But setting performance.onresourcetimingbufferfull will add an event
listener to the performance object, not to the Document.  So setting
this attribute will have no effect on anything; I doubt that's what this
spec means to specify.

Further, "partial interface Performance : EventTarget" is not valid
WebIDL: you can't change the inheritance of an interface in a partial
interface (consider what would happen if two partial interfaces did this).

Whatever changes were made here from the CR are pretty broken; I suggest
reverting them and figuring out what we actually want the behavior here
to be...

This issue is a blocker for actually implementing this specification.