Re: navigationStart in NavigationTiming

On 5/1/13 9:10 PM, Arvind Jain wrote:
> I see. Given that the specification is about "navigations" e.g. see the
> abstract or the processing model, do we then need to define anything for
> pages that are only "created"?

If script in an initial about:blank does
"window.performance.timing.navigationStart", what should happen?
Exception?  Some number returned?  If so, which one?  This does need to
be defined, one way or another, yes.

> Is it better to say in a non-normative section that performance.timing
> and performance.navigation are undefined for "about:blank"?

That would make the above throw, which I think is actually very
undesirable.  You'd get scripts (esp libraries) that work fine in
general but suddenly fail if you use them inside an initial about:blank.

-Boris