Re: navigationStart in NavigationTiming

I see. Given that the specification is about "navigations" e.g. see the
abstract or the processing model, do we then need to define anything for
pages that are only "created"? It appears we will need to make a bunch of
updates to the spec to cover the case of a document that is not navigated
to and just "created". For example, we need to update the processing model,
and we need to update the navigation type (
http://www.w3.org/TR/navigation-timing/#performancenavigation).

Is it better to say in a non-normative section that performance.timing and
performance.navigation are undefined for "about:blank"?

Arvind