Re: Resource timing buffer

I like Arvind's simpler model as well. By triggering the
onresourcetimingbufferfull callback at N instead of N+1, it gives the
developer the opportunity to either call clearResourceTimings() or grow
the buffer incrementally via setResourceTimingBufferSize() ,
theoretically, with little chance for 'lost events'.

Maybe an example best practice could be provided so developers see they
shouldn't have to setResourceTimingBufferSize(9999)?

For example:

    <script>

    var bufferSize = 150;
    setResourceTimingBufferSize(bufferSize);

    function bufferFullCallback() {
         var latestTimings = performance.getEntriesByType('resource');

         // OPTION 1: clear ResourceTimings right away so new events
    will be captured
         // performance.clearResourceTimings();

         // OPTION 2: grow the buffer incrementally:
         // bufferSize += 10;
         // setResourceTimingBufferSize(bufferSize);

         // you can now analyze, store or XHR 'latestTimings' and new
    ResourceTimings will continue to be captured
    };

    performance.onresourcetimingbufferfull=bufferFullCallback;
    <script>

- Nic
http://nicj.net/
@NicJ