Re: [JSPreflight] - First Draft of JavaScript Preflight Injection online

(apologies about the radio silence)

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 12:36 AM, Reitbauer, Alois <
Alois.Reitbauer@compuware.com> wrote:

> [Alois] If it were that simple :-). In the general case you are right and
> that's what we do today. However, there are tons of cases where this breaks
> the page. I can provide some real world examples where this gets really
> tricky to impossible.

Please do, curious...

>  This approach is also not applicable to the case where the page cannot be
> loaded.

Correct. I do agree that we need an error reporting mechanism, but (in my
opinion), this proposal couples error reporting with a much heavier and
unnecessary injection mechanism - we're adding another cookie mechanism, a
full blocking JS resource, and a bunch of other complications. Which is why
I'm suggesting a simpler, CSP-like implementation: on error, beacon some
predefined error report to provided URL.

ig