Re: [HighResolutionTime]

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 04:32:46 -0700, Pablo Garaizar Sagarminaga
<garaizar@deusto.es> wrote:
>   I've been following most of the discussions about High Resolution
> Time by email and I find the working draft very neat :-) Congratulations
> for the hard work!
>
>   However, I would love to have the chance to get a DOMHighResTimeStamp
> not only from the "now" method but also as a property of an ECMAScript
> event, like event.timeStamp. Events' timestamps are also subject to
> system clock skew and other problems mentioned in High Resolution Time
> working draft, and providing access to HRT when triggering events will
> be very helpful to program accurate interactions.
>
>   I'm not sure if this could be done adding a new property to the
> event interface (e.g., HRTimeStamp) or modifying the typedef of the
> current timeStamp property.

You should probably bring this up on www-dom@w3.org instead.

Note that for events the timeStamp attribute is currently set when the
event is created, not when it is dispatched. In the past bz shared some
ideas on how we could potentially improve it, but nothing has been done
thus far.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/