From: public-web-perf-request@w3.org [mailto:public-web-perf-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Anne van Kesteren
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 2:12 PM
To: public-web-perf@w3.org
Subject: [PageVisibility] Feedback

1. The hidden attribute on Document is potentially confusing with the hidden attribute existing on all HTML elements, especially as the Document object sometimes shares such global HTML attributes (dir and numerous event handler attributes). Maybe isVisible would be better?

2. visibilityState should presumably return a DOMString.

3. We use strings in a number of APIs and it is clearly a better approach however none of these APIs currently expose them as constants and I do not think there is a good reason to do that. Examples of such APIs are XMLHttpRequest (the responseType attribute) and the HTML Canvas 2D Context (numerous attributes).

4. I think it would be better if the DOM dependency was on http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html as that is what we want implementors to implement.

5. Instead of using [NoInterfaceObject], a different interface name, and implements, please simply use "partial interface Document".

6. Thought I had just before sending, should this document say something about privacy implications?

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/