Re: IOTDB: modeling state

When I'm referring to Denon AVR and WeMo Switch, I'm actually referring to
those things. There is no theoretical aspect to what I'm talking about.

This is a well know IoT UX issue. See for example page 32 about
interstitial state:

http://environmentsforhumans.com/2015/oreilly-internet-of-things/presentations/Rowland-IoTDesignConf2015-Interusability.pdf

A list of Things I have worked with and actually coded for is here. The
list of Things I have actually worked with is somewhat longer. Except for
talking to device simulators, Arduinos, and Pin setting on Raspberry Pis,
every device has a human noticeable lag.

https://github.com/dpjanes/iotdb-homestar/blob/master/docs/modules.md

NB with low power devices - such as Bluetooth Low Energy - there's almost a
guarantee of a significant delay, as their power saving modes involve
waking up periodically to see if they need to be talking to anyone.

D.