Re: IOTDB: how granting access to value in a device?

> On 2 Jun 2015, at 21:31, Joachim Lindborg <joachim.lindborg@sust.se> wrote:
>
> How do I grant / block access to specific device values
>
> one client can read the temperature another can take the picture
>
> Is it the plan that all devices are fully published on internet? I wouldn't like to have my home exposed to internet.

Security and privacy are very important for the Web of Things.  Owners should be able to set access control policies along with terms and conditions that consumers of their data need to agree to.  You should also be able to limit discovery.  We’re looking for people to help with this, for example, to present and discuss the current solutions and gaps, and to identify detailed requirements and potential solutions.

—
   Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org <mailto:dsr@w3.org>>