Re: Request for comments: Draft W3C Web of Things Interest Group Charter

Hi Dave

>We will also be looking for people interested in championing particular
aspects of work, e.g. as task force leaders, or as Interest Group Note
editors. In the meantime, we welcome suggestions for task force topics.

During the WoT Workshop, one of the topics we were discussing was the need
for an standard runtime for the WoT. The topic was presented by Ricardo
Morin and Andreas Harth.

This runtime specification had two aspects:
- an API for deploying and managing the lifecycle of code (scripts) into
the devices
- An API to allow the code running into a device access local resources
(e.g. sensor data) and communicate with the exterior world

I don't see this clearly reflected in the proposed topics. Maybe under the
"Requirements for open markets of services for the Web of Things",  as an
additional topic "Common Runtime for connected devices"

Regarding the champions, I present as voluntary. My topics of interest (in
order) are
- Common Runtime for connected devices
- Collecting and publishing use cases and requirements for different
application domains. Here I could contribute with use cases for Intelligent
Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Survey of existing practices and standards relevant to the Web of Things

Regards

Pablo Chacin
CTO
SenseFields SL