Re: New mailing list for the Web of Things

Hi Dave,

Thanks for setting up this activity in motion, hopefully it'll gain
momentum and be effective to the benefit of all organizations involved.

More to the point, as to the draft charter, as it seems like a pretty
standard document I have no major comments besides removing the references
in the body of the document to the automotive industry and replacing it by
"IoT based services". At this stage I didn't want to edit the document
myself as I believe there's no versioning or tracked changes support, so I
leave it to your capable hands.

I guess the main item that's missing in the document is the list of
specifications we're planning to pursue. My list, which partially
intersects with yours, consists of the following:
   Smart Object (Internet connected Real world object) - API and protocol
   "Service Object" - (in the COMPOSE terminology) - the digital virtual
   representation of a Smart Object  - API and protocols
   Service description: A standardized manner by which services can be
   enhanced by descriptive metadata such that in turn they can easily be
   advertised, located, and composed into new applications.
   Service composition
   Privacy and trust relationships in the IoT based services world
   An additional non-specification related activity is to foster a
   community around this technology area by sharing use cases, as well as
   training and inter-operability events.

Last, I would slightly elaborate on the COMPOSE related description as
follows:
COMPOSE aims to bring about a new era in IoT based services through the
provisioning of an open marketplace infrastructure, in which Smart Objects
are associated to readily usable service objects that can be combined,
managed, and integrated in a standardized way to easily and quickly build
innovative applications.

BTW, I'm Benny from the COMPOSE project, I'll be communicating from this
email to avoid having spam on my personal inbox, since this will appear in
a public harvestable list.

Thanks,

Benny.