RE: Testing and WebMob (was: [W3C Webmob] Call Tomorrow (19th March) Cancelled)

I appreciate the perspective, Marcos. But I differ and I think that what WebMob "can do" will be determined by how the group overall responds to the proposals I have made. Setting up a task force under WebMob to move this forward may be the first step, as recently suggested by Jeff to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcos Caceres [mailto:w3c@marcosc.com]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2014 12:04 PM
To: SULLIVAN, BRYAN L; Tobie Langel
Cc: Mark Crandon; Dominique Hazael-Massieux (dom@w3.org); public-web-and-tv@w3.org; Natasha Rooney; W3C Webmob Public
Subject: Re: Testing and WebMob (was: [W3C Webmob] Call Tomorrow (19th March) Cancelled)

On March 28, 2014 at 2:36:28 PM, Tobie Langel (tobie@w3.org) wrote:
> On Mar 28, 2014, at 18:36, "SULLIVAN, BRYAN L" wrote:
>
> > But I think because its impact is broader, at some point W3C needs to have a dedicated
> WG or IG that shepherds this work overall for W3C.
>
> The testing effort doesn't need more management, it needs more resources (funds and/or
> engineering time). Until such resources are provided, shepherding will be a deterrent
> to the community that built around it, not a help.

I tend to agree.

The only thing I see Web Mob maybe helping with is making sure that the tests can be run on mobile devices. It might be small things like requesting that the test runners include <meta viewport> and that things can be clicked/activated on a phone.

Apart from that, there is probably not much more we can do.

--
Marcos Caceres