Re: Testing and WebMob (was: [W3C Webmob] Call Tomorrow (19th March) Cancelled)

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 15:03:52 -0400
To: SULLIVAN, BRYAN L <bs3131@att.com>, Tobie Langel <tobie@w3.org>
Cc: Mark Crandon <imceamailto-mcrandon+40mozilla+2ecom@local>, "Dominique Hazael-Massieux (dom@w3.org)" <dom@w3.org>, "public-web-and-tv@w3.org" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org>, Natasha Rooney <nrooney@gsma.com>, W3C Webmob Public <public-web-mobile@w3.org>

On March 28, 2014 at 2:36:28 PM, Tobie Langel (tobie@w3.org) wrote:
> On Mar 28, 2014, at 18:36, "SULLIVAN, BRYAN L" wrote:
>
> > But I think because its impact is broader, at some point W3C needs to have a dedicated
> WG or IG that shepherds this work overall for W3C.
>
> The testing effort doesn't need more management, it needs more resources (funds and/or
> engineering time). Until such resources are provided, shepherding will be a deterrent
> to the community that built around it, not a help.

I tend to agree.

The only thing I see Web Mob maybe helping with is making sure that the tests can be run on mobile devices. It might be small things like requesting that the test runners include <meta viewport> and that things can be clicked/activated on a phone.

Apart from that, there is probably not much more we can do.

--
Marcos Caceres