Re: [W3C Webmob] IDENTITY: Github repo update

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 14:42:46 -0400
To: "frode.kileng@telenor.com" <frode.kileng@telenor.com>, Natasha Rooney <nrooney@gsma.com>, GALINDO Virginie <virginie.galindo@gemalto.com>, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>, W3C Webmob Public <public-web-mobile@w3.org>, SULLIVAN, BRYAN L <bs3131@att.com>

On March 26, 2014 at 7:59:00 PM, Natasha Rooney (nrooney@gsma.com) wrote:
> > Hi all!
>
> I have done some work to the github repo! You can now find ‘use-cases’
> and ‘considerations for standards’ in their own files and I have
> added a references section for the references I have found (please
> add more!).
> IDENTITY REPO: https://github.com/w3c-webmob/identity/
>
> Please send pull requests as you see fit, and when we have an update
> from the Payments CG (and a report from the Payments Workshop)
> we’ll get the next set of actions sorted.

Thanks for getting this started, Natasha.

Some initial reactions...

Personally, I would prefer that we don't use hypothetical use cases (as they then to set up unrealistic strawpersons). Identity is a fairly well understood problem - so it should be possible to just look at various mainstream solutions and how they are integrated into various OSs and systems.