From: SULLIVAN, BRYAN L [mailto:bs3131@att.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 5:12 PM
To: 'Natasha Rooney'; 'W3C Webmob Public'
Subject: RE: [W3C Webmob] Call Tomorrow (19th March) Cancelled

I'd like to put on the table the concern that the overall testing program at W3C has evaporated, or at least retreated into github land with no overall plan, organization, or goals. This is very concerning given our continued attempts to promote the value of W3C's program to improve web testing beyond the piecemeal, inconsistent, one-and-done efforts of the past. Though W3C did not in 2013 receive the monetary sponsors it sought, that's no reason to abandon organized efforts to meet the requirements that still exist on the wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/Testing. I would like to see WebMob, Web&TV, and other domain-specific groups that put substantial effort into prioritizing and helping to inspire the establishment of the W3C testing program, to restart the publicly visible (e.g. W3C wiki-based) and structured program oriented toward achieving those earlier goals.

Otherwise, we are left to take what we can get - which is basically the web testing of the past, and not inspiring/useful to developers or service providers that want to see the web mature as a reliable platform.

Thanks,
Bryan Sullivan