Re: new device APIs?

Илья Богданович
http://staff/bogdanovichiy/

On 08 июля 2014 г., at 19:35, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi Ilya,
>
> Le mardi 08 juillet 2014 à 19:24 +0400, Ilya Bogdanovich a écrit :
>> I am not sure if API you mentioned would fit well for use case I mentioned.
>>
>> It seems to be rather hard to determine headphones from the list of
>> media devices. You should check all “audiooutput” devices, determine
>> which one of them represent headphones somehow.. it is not very clear.
>
> I guess I'm not sure you need to know that a given audioouput is a
> headphone to decide that when it gets unplugged, you should pause the
> video or mute the audio.

For example: you connect your notebook with built-in speakers to external stereo system and play some music. If you unplug external system, there’s no need to pause the music - it can continue playing through internal speakers, but when you unplug headphones - you probably don’t want to harm people around you with music from internal speakers.

> That being said, the API is still pretty young, and it may be that it
> misses some important requirements; it would certainly be useful that
> someone (you? :) tries to write up this use case using the API and see
> what doesn't quite work, as a way to give input to the Media Capture
> task force.

Ok, I’ll try to write some use cases with it. What would be the best place to land them?