Re: [W3C Webmob] Profiles?

On Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:

> On 1/22/14 11:15 AM, ext Natasha Rooney wrote:
> > Hi all, on our call today Bin mentioned that the original Coremob
> > group did a great job at working on profiles. We have stated that we
> > will work on documentation (taking many of Dom's great work and
> > getting this a cool new dashboard style app) but we haven't decided
> > whether we work specifically on any profiles. So, what do you think?
> > Should we work on profiles?
>

> Well, I think that depends on what is meant by `profile` ;-). I just
> checked the [Work] wiki and didn't find `profile`. Is something new
> being proposed or is this part of one of the identified work items (and
> if the latter, which one(s))?
>
> Perhaps it would be helpful if those that want to do work in this area
> elaborated a bit, especially regarding the `problem statement`, target
> audience, relevant prior art, specific deliverable(s) envisioned and such.

I agree - thanks Art, those are great questions. As I said in my response to Tobie, having answers to the above would be really helpful and might help us come up with something more palatable for those of us who are not in favor of profiles. I think fundamentally we all want to solve the same problems, and there is always multiple solutions to a problem.

--
Marcos Caceres