Offline, Re: [W3C Webmob] Welcome back everyone!

On Tuesday, 14 January 2014 at 01:17, Natasha Rooney wrote:

> * Offline *
> https://github.com/w3c-webmob/offline
> http://www.w3.org/wiki/Mobile/Work#TASK_FORCE:_Offline
> I will be kickstarting the offline document and testing over the next few days. Please check the github repo and see the skeleton of the document. Currently I think it is focussing too much on the past issues but I still feel like these things need to be documented. Take a look and let me know your honest thoughts. If you wish to join me in the Offline Task Force please also remember to add yourself to the Work wiki page.

I feel that the document might not be a good use of our time or of value to those working on Service Workers, as the problems are already well-known and documented in various places.

I'm watching the Github repo + the various implementations, and everything seems to be happily progressing at this point.

So, I feel pretty strongly that where we could have most impact is by actually building the various applications that are suggested here (just cheap nasty versions of each; enough to show that "stuff works"[tm]):

https://github.com/slightlyoff/ServiceWorker/tree/master/examples

As such, I suggest we don't do the document and instead make and/or suggest new example applications... besides, making apps is more fun than writing boring documents ;)

--
Marcos Caceres