Re: RfC: LCWD of Vibration API; deadline March 4

On 2/11/14 9:24 AM, "ext Marcos Caceres" <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

>Please see below... the same applies for this group, as vibration is
>highly relevant to mobile devices. People are encouraged to review and
>respond individually, but it might also be nice to have a group response.

I just wonder if there is any ways for a user to disable (mute) this
feature, not entirely disabling a phone to vibrate, but per site.
Or some sort of an UI indication so the user would know when the site
buzzes.
It may be confusing if a phone vibrate when you are not expecting.
Usually, when your phone buzzes, you know you are getting a message etc.
because you do see it coming on the notification system.

And by the way, have you seen this?
http://shkspr.mobi/blog/2014/01/malicious-use-of-the-html5-vibrate-api/

There are some interesting "malicious" use cases like faking a call.

I would like to see actually useful use cases besides gaming though.

tomomi