Re: Mobile, Web and Multi-device

Perhaps it is too simplistic but when I try to explain what is a webapp and
how is different to a mobile web I use the "how you interact with the
resource" on first stage approach.

Both are based on html/css/js technologies, but a "web" (we use web as
website in Spanish) is a resource located on a server and accessed by http
protocol while in a webapp is stored in your device.

Taking that into consideration, I am partially agree with webapps being a
subset of the Web, and specially mobile webapps as subset of "mobile web".

Regarding hybrid and native/web apps on web based OS, most of the time the
issue is related with which APIs the provider offers, some under W3C
discussion, some provided as exclusive by the provider.. And it is here
where I see a potential break/fragmentation on webapp apis among devices/OS
providers/frameworks..

--
J. Manrique López de la Fuente
http://about.me/jsmanrique