Re: possibly additional requirement for web intents

Thanks for your reply, Josh. More inline.

On 12/7/12 17:59 , Josh Soref wrote:
> I think you could have:
> A "start" intent which a task manager could use to let the user pick a task to run. Each task could register for "start" and when the user clicks a "start something" button, the task manager triggers the start intent and the UA lets the user pick a task.
>
> I think task management itself would be better via WebSockets than WebIntents.
JCD: task management is but one of my use cases, the one that is easiest
to describe.
I have other more complex use cases where everything in web intents but
the picking is useful.
What I mean is:
- the intent registry is needed
- the user validation of the intent registry is needed
- the intent invocation is needed
- the intent processing is needed
- the intent invoker and the intent provider not knowing each other is
needed

But instead of having only one intent provider triggered, I would
trigger all of them in this use case and the more complex ones.

> You could have a task manager intent which offers some WebSocket protocol, and if a UA receives whitelist permission from the User for your task manager to continue talking to a device, then it could probably do more or less seamless setup for future invocations.
>
> UI in general is left to UAs, and the general intent design is 1-1, not 1-many. You could make n requests to get access to n "task managers", and a UA as a QoI detail could elect to bubble the requests into a multiselect dialog.
>
> That certainly won't be the initial UI implementation, although if the UC is shown to be compelling, UAs may shift to accomodate that.
>
> In terms of 1-many proposals, richt's proposal is friendlier to this.
JCD: Yes, indeed. But implementing my use cases on top of richt's
proposal would duplicate much of web intents.
Best regards
JC

--
JC Dufourd