Re: Transferable Objects, was: Re: Web Messaging Intents, was: Re: [DRAFT] Web Intents Task Force Charter

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 8:10 AM, Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com> wrote:

> Of course! Until recently MessagePort wasn't compatible with the
> structured clone algorithm but since it has recently come to implement
> Transferable it has become compatible with that algorithm, making your
> example work and negating the need for a fourth parameter specifically for
> Transferable objects.
>
> Thanks for the explanation. This is helpful. I hope we can document this
> level of detail in a specification soon.

In our proposal doc (
https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/dev/developers/design-documents/webintentsapi<https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/dev/developers/design-documents/webintentsapi?pli=1>)
we have documented this payload |data| parameter as a structured clone. I
think you're totally right that this should go into the spec. It makes for
really good interation with other platform features like ports, blobs, and
stuff we haven't thought up yet. :-)

-Greg