Re: Web Intents - Suggested Deliverables (part 2)

to text/plain - sorry.

Yes we discussed the intent tag on public-webaps [1], or at least the
reason about it be declared in the html over a manifest file.

I don't believe the meta element was directly discussed, but the
reasoning behind our choice of new tag is: 1) it is a new platform
feature with elements and attributes that don't fit in the meta name
and content model
2) encoding data into the content attribute is error prone
2a) parsing data encoded in the content attribute will be error prone
3) if we chose not to encode, we would introduce a lot of extra
attributes that are very specific to one case
4) it can be validated by parsers and by eye with greater ease
5) a separate DOM element can have those properties exposed
individually via scripting, for instance there would be a
DOMIntentElement that can be compared as an instanceof and also have
access to the specific attributes.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011JulSep/1518.html

--
Paul Kinlan