Re: Role of operations?

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 09:05:41PM -0700, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> Agreed; I can see how you read that into the first one (which is why
> I don't have much taste for it), but how does that follow from the
> second one (tarawa-style, for those that remember)?

( as you clarified off-line, "first" and "second" refer to the examples
here; http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-http-desc/2005Jun/0082.html )

It doesn't, I like the second example, except for one minor concern
that's not worth mentioning here (unless you meant to expose
"resolveChild" as an operation over the network).

> POST is a special case here, of course; that said, it should still be
> defined in terms of POST-this-media-type-to-get-that-one.

I'm not sure why POST is a special case, but I agree with that
recommendation.

Cheers,

Mark.
--