Re: technical support for raw advertisement packet reading in hex

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 10:07 AM Yenot Steeve <steeve.yenot@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear M. Grant,
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> When I'm using sample code of watchAdvertisements I can detect and connect
> my sensor but there is no display of Manufacturer data in Hex,
> Is it normal?

To access manufacturer data you need to specify the manufacturer IDs of the
data you want access to in the optionalManufacturerData
<https://webbluetoothcg.github.io/web-bluetooth/#dom-requestdeviceoptions-optionalmanufacturerdata>
parameter when calling requestDevice(). This works similarly to the
optionalServices
<https://webbluetoothcg.github.io/web-bluetooth/#dom-requestdeviceoptions-optionalservices>
parameter and allows the browser to filter data available to the site based
on the permissions it requested.

> When I use ScanAdvertisments it's only works on my Android mobile and I
> see data I'm looking for in Manufacturer data in Hex. But it doesn't workmy
> windows PC. I have message about All Advertising should be True... Does it
> should work also on windows or not?

It looks like there is an issue with the requestLEScan() function on some
platforms. Since these APIs are still experimental it is easy for them to
accidentally break as they don't get as much testing as a stable API.