Re: Mirror GitHub activity onto this list?

On March 19, 2015 at 2:39:44 PM, Jeffrey Yasskin (jyasskin@google.com) wrote:
> I guess I should make myself Chair then, so I get notified when people join.

Would be great - though you are already doing all the editorial work too! Maybe someone else can step up? It's not a lot of work - but it's a very important part of the process.

If it helps, this is usually what we send to new contributors for the WebMob IG (feel free to adapt):

=====

Hi <person name>,

Welcome to the Web and Mobile Interest Group!

If you have not already done so please review the group charter [1], check
out the group's page [2] which includes details of our meetings and
upcoming teleconferences [3]. You should have been instantly signed up to
the public mailing list and if you want to read any of the past emails
then check out the email archives [4]. The group also runs a twitter
account @w3c_webmob [5] so if you're a twitter user please follow and
tweet any useful news for the group.

We conduct and manage our work via a github repository [6] which allows us
to keep a track of what is going on and work collaboratively. If you are
new to github please take a look at the github help pages [7] or ask one
of the chairs.

Like many other W3C groups we run an IRC channel "#webmob" on the
irc.w3.org <http://irc.w3.org/> server. If you are new to IRC or want to
find out some handy
hints then please check out the W3C IRC pages [7]; here you will find some
links to some great native IRC clients but you are also welcome to use the
web client if a dedicated IRC client doesn't work [8]. One of the chairs
should be idling in the channel at most times.

Please go ahead and introduce yourself to the group by sending a mail to
the mailing list (public-web-mobile@w3.org), let us know who you are, why
you've joined the Web and Mobile Interest Group, which parts of the
charter you are particularly interested in, your expectations and where
you may be able to contribute. If you have any questions please ask on the
public mailing list to get in touch with one of us directly.

Many thanks!

[1] http://www.w3.org/2013/07/webmobile-ig-charter.html
[2] https://www.w3.org/wiki/Mobile/
[3] https://www.w3.org/wiki/Mobile/Meetings