Re: Scanning for beacons w/in a web page

I think you misunderstand my project ;-)

It's actually very reasonable to go from viewing 'a device' to viewing 'a
collection of devices'. Even Apple iBeacon encourages this with their
major/minor numbering scheme: the whole point being that a single app can
control/interact with a family of devices.

I totally appreciate that writing a scanner in JS is hard and exposes
risks, that's why I asking about it, openly, trying to find the correct
balance. If it's coming, great, I'm just pointing out that the value is
high and it would be very helpful to have it earlier rather than later.

Scott

  Scott Jenson   |   Chrome UX  | scottj@google.com | +1 650 265-7174