Re: Web Bluetooth meeting at TPAC

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 19:06:19 +0900
To: "Kostiainen, Anssi" <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>, Jeffrey Yasskin <jyasskin@google.com>, "Christiansen, Kenneth R" <kenneth.r.christiansen@intel.com>, public-web-bluetooth <public-web-bluetooth@w3.org>

> [+bcc public-web-nfc]
>
> Hi,
>
> Would it actually make sense to discuss the Web Bluetooth API and Web NFC
> API after each other sharing the same room/space at TPAC? I believe we
> have a good overlap in interested participants and the APIs are
> sufficiently similar and share same issues what comes to e.g.
> permissions.
>
> I believe it would be helpful to co-locate the groups to cross-pollinate ideas.

There’s not been any rooms reserved yet either way, right? I mean, at least
I know the TPAC registration form doesn’t provide any way for CGs to
request room reservations.

Anyway, normally at TPAC events the meeting-room availability is pretty limited,
but the place in Sapporo actually has more meeting rooms than normal.

So, if once y’all decide whether you want to have a joint meeting or
separate ones, and you can let me know how many people in total you’ll
expect will attend, I can make a request to the meeting planners to have a
meeting room (or rooms) assigned.

  —Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://people.w3.org/mike