Planning to send the Blink Intent to Implement soon

From: Jeffrey Yasskin <jyasskin@google.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 13:18:14 -0700
To: public-web-bluetooth <public-web-bluetooth@w3.org>
Cc: Marcos Caceres <marcos@marcosc.com>
Hi all,

So that we can give people a platform to experiment on as soon as possible,
I'm planning to send an Intent to Implement email for the current spec
draft to blink-dev in the next several days. I have a draft at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fIZOaP9aa2-cFmWiAKFnuveCzLL-NXgE2pnhvkpY5Lw/edit?usp=sharing
.

I want to be especially clear that an Intent to Implement, as opposed to
Ship, is not an attempt to freeze the API. We want to get feedback so that
we know how to change the API. Nonetheless, if you think this is premature,
please speak up and let us know what you think we should do before sending
this Intent email.

I know we've talked about writing a wrapper around the chrome.bluetooth API
as a faster way to play with and evolve the API. We're still going to do
that, but I'd like to lay the groundwork for getting it into Blink behind a
flag, since flipping a flag and then using simple HTML pages is an easier
way to experiment than writing a Chrome App.

Marcos, I'm planning to list Firefox as "public support". Please let me
know if that's wrong, or if you'd rather I use a different citation link
from the one in http://www.chromestatus.com/features/5264933985976320.

Jeffrey