"open" bluetooth devices

From: Marcos Caceres <marcos@marcosc.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:58:53 -0400
To: public-web-bluetooth <public-web-bluetooth@w3.org>
Hi All,
during last week's call we decided that a few of us should buy some blue tooth devices on which to prototype that API.

I've been looking on Amazon for a few things, but I'm worried that the devices will be tethered trough a proprietary protocol to an native app (over bluetooth, of course). My question is, does anyone have any recommendations for devices that I could purchase that will (more or less) work for our experimentation?

Thanks!

--
Marcos Caceres