[webtv] minutes - 17 September 2014

available at:

also as text below.




      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             Web and TV IG

17 Sep 2014


      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2014Sep/0005.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2014/09/17-webtv-irc


          Kaz, Paul, Giri, SungHei, Daniel, Yosuke, Wook, Mark,
          GeunHyung (observer)




     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]f2f agenda
         2. [6]Liaison letter with ATSC
         3. [7]Next call
     * [8]Summary of Action Items

f2f agenda

   ng_TPAC_2014 f2f wiki

      [9] https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Face-to-face_meeting_during_TPAC_2014


     [10] https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Face-to-face_meeting_during_TPAC_2014

   yosuke: the wiki describes title, time and moderator
   ... you can add your ideas
   ... have put a couple of topics already
   ... e.g., TTA' presentation about the hybrid TV standard in
   ... checking with the Team
   ... the second topic is a joint session with the a11y tf

   kaz: checking with the tf
   ... will talk with them on IRC today
   ... basic strategy is holding a brief session on the current
   discussion on Monday during our f2f meeting
   ... and then holding a joint discussion on Thu or Fri

   yosuke: think Thu would be better
   ... since some more people would be able to join

   kaz: ok
   ... will mention that

   <scribe> ACTION: kaz to finalize the joint session schedule
   with the a11y tf [recorded in

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-209 - Finalize the joint session
   schedule with the a11y tf [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due

   yosuke: note that there will be an AC session on Thursday

   kaz: right

   yosuke: the third topic is talking about the next steps for the
   2nd round use cases
   ... e.g., fingerprinting/watermarking

   <ddavis> Maybe going over miscellaneous items

   yosuke: and synchronization

   <ddavis> E.g. issues from external groups.

   <yosuke> Do you mean we should not deal with the presentation
   API in the f2f meeting, Kaz?

   <ddavis> I thought there should be the chance for meeting
   attendees who belong to external groups to raise

   <ddavis> Similary to Jon Piesing's comments on behalf of HbbTV
   at the TV workshop - he raised awareness of bugs he submitted.

   <yosuke> Yes. But that's always true... So what's your point?

   <ddavis> OK, just wanted to make sure there'd be a slot for

   <ddavis> Oh, we're just talking about Presentation API now?

   <ddavis> OK. Sorry, I must have misheard.

   <yosuke> FYI: JonP doesn't belong to a W3C member organisation.

   <GeunHyung_Kim> GeunHyung Kim

   <ddavis> No, but there maybe people who are members who are in
   a similar position.

   <ddavis> Anyway, sorry for raising this at the wrong time.

   [ let's start with the presentation api ]

   yosuke: just got a message from Louay
   ... on presentation api

   ep/0008.html Louay's proposal

     [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2014Sep/0008.html

   yosuke: any other opinions?

   mark: content identification
   ... content searching
   ... one of my colleagues will send a proposal
   ... probably will lead a new requirement

   kaz: when will he send the proposal?

   mark: will check

   ing_TPAC_2014 agenda wiki

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Face-to-face_meeting_during_TPAC_2014

   yosuke: wiki? or ML?

   kaz: maybe ML?

   mark: he'll send it to the ML soon

   yosuke: any other topics?

   <MarkVickers> Glenn Deen from Universal Studios

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to propose another session on external
   group's requirements

   <ddavis> Some attendees belong to external groups.

   <ddavis> It might be good to give them an opportunity to
   highlight issues, bugs or requirements.

   <ddavis> It could be bugs they have submitted to other WGs that
   are outstanding.

   <ddavis> It could be work that they're doing that they'd like
   to align with W3C.

   <ddavis> Or just an opportunity for comments, to show we're

   yosuke: what do you mean?
   ... HbbTV guys have issued bugs on Bugzilla already

   <ddavis> Yes.

   yosuke: and Member companies should post their suggestions to
   relevant MLs, etc.

   <ddavis> It's just a suggestion.

   <ddavis> We don't have to include it if there doesn't seem to
   be value in it.

   yosuke: not sure what to do for that, but could add the topic

   <ddavis> OK. I wasn't thinking of anything formal.

   <ddavis> Just an informal chance for others to speak up.

   <ddavis> We could do, but I was thinking of an opportunity to
   raise new things that we haven't considered.

   kaz: so you would ask IG participants as external group reps
   for opinions?

   paul: giving opportunity to them

   ddavis: yes

   <ddavis> But we don't have to if it's not appropriate.

   kaz: so for Yosuke to raise an issue as the rep from IPTVF-J

   yosuke: that's a presentation by external orgs
   ... their focus is not directly improving W3C specs

   kaz: probably the proposal is just asking the IG participants
   for opinions if we have enough time after the main discussion

   mark: asking people for opinions on the current status, etc.
   ... we can have a dialog

   yosuke: we can find new viewpoints from that dialog
   ... through the casual conversations

   mark: agree

   paul: agree
   ... we already have TTA
   ... we might want to hear from Australia and north America,

   yosuke: sounds good
   ... having an alignment session would make sense
   ... like the one we had during the Munich WS
   ... hear from different organizations
   ... we could try to capture their opinions
   ... what they want to standardize

   <ddavis> Yes, that sounds good.

   <ddavis> Thanks for the discussion.

   <ddavis> Actually better than what I was initially thinking!

   yosuke: any other topics for today?

Liaison letter with ATSC

   paul: liaison letter with ATSC?

   giri: don't wait till TPAC
   ... early October deadline
   ... so would send it out asap

   yosuke: reviewing the draft response
   ... let's finalize it after this call

   mark: agree we'll send it out asap

   yosuke: ok
   ... anything else?


Next call

   kaz: next call?

   yosuke: would talk within the co-Chair group

   kaz: fine

   <ddavis> Thanks Yosuke, and Kaz for scribing.

   [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to finalize the joint session schedule with
   the a11y tf [recorded in

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [15]scribe.perl version
    1.138 ([16]CVS log)
    $Date: 2014-09-17 13:56:52 $

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Kaz Ashimura, W3C Staff Contact for Web&TV, MMI, Voice, Geo and NFC
Tel: +81 3 3516 2504

Received on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 14:23:53 UTC