W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-and-tv@w3.org > January 2014

[api] minutes - 22 January 2014

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 00:55:31 +0900
Message-ID: <52DFE9F3.1020401@w3.org>
To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
available at:
  http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks for taking these notes, JC!

Kazuyuki

---
    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                            Media APIs TF call

22 Jan 2014

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2014Jan/0002.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Kaz, Giri, Daniel, Skim, JC, Cyril, Paul, Bin, Sheau,
           Wook, WuWei, Mark

    Regrets
    Chair
           Bin

    Scribe
           jcverdie, JC

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Review AI
          2. [6]Schedule of cleanup work
      * [7]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

Review AI

    <scribe> ACTION: Items to
    [8]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/open [recorded in
    [9]http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

       [8] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/open

    <trackbot> Error finding 'Items'. You can review and register
    nicknames at <[10]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/users>.

      [10] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/users%3E.

    <Bin_Hu> [11]https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/products/7

      [11] https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/products/7

    <kaz> agenda:
    [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2014J
    an/0002.html

      [12] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2014Jan/0002.html

    Bin: let's review the action items associated with Media API

    AI 125 [13]https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/125

      [13] https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/125

    Bin: I dont know if it's still valid. Kaz?

    <kaz> action-125?

    <trackbot> action-125 -- Giuseppe Pascale to Draft use cases
    related to metadata -- due 2013-11-21 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/125

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/125

    Regret+ Giuseppep

    <kaz> jc: can check with Giuseppe offline

    <scribe> ACTION: jcverdie to ping giuseppe to update ai 125
    [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-180 - Ping giuseppe to update ai 125
    [on Jean-Charles Verdie - due 2014-01-29].

    Bin: next one is 163 assigned to Yosuke
    ... I believe this one is closed?
    ... since gap analysis is finished
    ... 164 assigned to Giri
    ... same, gap analysis. to be closed

    <gmandyam> No objection from me to close AI 164

    <scribe> ACTION: Bin to close 164 and 163 [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-181 - Close 164 and 163 [on Bin Hu -
    due 2014-01-29].

    Bin: Next is 168 assigned to me. I believe it is closed too

    <kaz> close action-163

    <trackbot> Closed action-163.

    <kaz> close action-164

    <trackbot> Closed action-164.

    <kaz> close action-168

    <trackbot> Closed action-168.

    close action-181

    <trackbot> Closed action-181.

    Bin: 169 has been integrated. let's close it
    ... 177: all the question marks have been cleared as gap
    analysis is finished
    ... suggest to close it

    close action-169

    <trackbot> Closed action-169.

    close action-177

    <trackbot> Closed action-177.

    Bin: next one is 178 start a req document
    ... still ongoing ( same for 179)

Schedule of cleanup work

    Bin: We proposed in the previous meetings to finish the work by
    end of January
    ... still ongoing so need to adjust the schedule

    jc: remaining actions are the wrapup doc and reshaping of use
    cases

    Bin: two aspects. finish the TF notes as mentioned previously
    and reshaping use cases
    ... and next big action is what's the next step

    <CyrilRa> Daniel_Wester is CyrilRa

    Bin: Accept new Use Cases and iterate on requirements, gap
    analysis, ...
    ... Also involve in Working Groups or CGs such as Tuner API and
    @@@

    jcverdie: I suggest we go ahead with CG creation and announce
    to the IG so that people interested can join
    ... otherwise if we start talking in the IG it would slow down
    the process
    ... regarding use cases a few have been mentioned recently
    offline in the mailing list

    kaz: who would chair the CG?

    Bin: here's a proposal. by end of Feb Giuseppe and myself
    finish our AI and we can wrap-up existing work
    ... While we discuss new scope of the work
    ... Giuseppe, JC and I will discuss the schedule for the new
    round of the TF
    ... ... We can go ahead on the creation of the CG. We need to
    discuss (w/ Kaz also) about how to do this

    JC: Can Kaz help us on how to properly create a CG?

    <scribe> ACTION: Kaz to discuss with JC, Bin about the details
    of how to create the CG [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-182 - Discuss with jc, bin about the
    details of how to create the cg [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due
    2014-01-29].

    RRSAgent: list actions

    <scribe> ACTION: Bin to discuss with Giuseppe and JC about
    schedule of the next iteration of the TF [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-183 - Discuss with giuseppe and jc
    about schedule of the next iteration of the tf [on Bin Hu - due
    2014-01-29].

    JC: is your idea to fix a schedule and do as much work as we
    can in the timeframe ?
    ... or make the schedule flexible depending on how many UC we
    get?

    Bin: I think we'll have a flexible schedule
    ... Agenda item 3 has been dropped. AOB?

    (everybody snorring)

    Congratulations Bin you made it in 30 minutes :)

    Bin: next meeting next week or in 2 weeks?

    <Bin_Hu> Thank you :)

    Kaz: 2 weeks is fine, but I'd like to suggest things for the
    next round
    ... I've shared some idea on the public list
    ... We could create a wiki page to record these new ideas

    <ddavis> +1

    +1

    <scribe> ACTION: Kaz to create a wiki page to gather new ideas
    for the next round of the TF [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action06]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-184 - Create a wiki page to gather
    new ideas for the next round of the tf [on Kazuyuki Ashimura -
    due 2014-01-29].

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Bin to close 164 and 163 [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: Bin to discuss with Giuseppe and JC about
    schedule of the next iteration of the TF [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: Items to
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/open [recorded
    in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: jcverdie to ping giuseppe to update ai 125
    [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Kaz to create a wiki page to gather new ideas for
    the next round of the TF [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION: Kaz to discuss with JC, Bin about the details of
    how to create the CG [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action04]

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/open

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [27]scribe.perl version
     1.138 ([28]CVS log)
     $Date: 2014-01-22 15:54:26 $

      [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/



-- 
Kaz Ashimura, W3C Activity Lead for Web&TV, MMI and Voice
Tel: +81 466 49 1170
Received on Wednesday, 22 January 2014 15:56:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:44:12 UTC