CYRIL RICKELTON-ABDI  |  SR DIRECTOR, CONTENT SECURITY  |  INFORMATION SECURITY OFFICE
O. 404-878-7036 | C: 818-406-6151 | CYRIL.RICKELTON-ABDI@TURNER.COM<mailto:CYRIL.RICKELTON-ABDI@TURNER.COM>
TURNER BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC. | 101 MARIETTA STREET. SUITE NG0902A. ATLANTA, GA 30303

On Apr 4, 2014, at 4:58 AM, 김성혜 <shkim@etri.re.kr<mailto:shkim@etri.re.kr>> wrote:

We have made two changes to the WIKI. (http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Tuner_API)

First, we have added references and the remarks from the e-mail on Gap analysis.
Second, we have added Channel API in the discussion part and made a link to the Terminal T/F wiki.

Please see the changes.

Regards,
Wook Hyun, Sung Hei Kim

-----Original Message-----
From: "Jean-Charles (JC) Verdié" [mailto:jicheu@yahoo.fr]
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2014 4:59 PM
To: 김성혜
Cc: 'Web and TV Interest Group'; 강신각
Subject: Re: Call for Volunteer to Drive the Initiative of Tuner API (or Channel Control API) Community Group

Dear SH

Excellent reminder. Would you mind summarizing it and/or linking it to the wiki page setup by Daniel [1] ?

Thanks!

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Tuner_API

김성혜 wrote:
Dear All !

We (ETRI) are interested in participating in the Tuner API (or Channel
API) CG group.

One year ago, we have made a proposal in the Terminal T/F
(http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Terminal), entitled 1. Channel.

This draft text describes requirement for controlling the channels
such as channel identifier, getChannel, etc.

I think we can use these contents as part of the discussion in the new
CG group.

Since we have a domestic standard regarding channel control for
web-based smart TV platform,

I think we can provide some inputs to the CG works.

In the previous mail
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2013Oct/0029.ht

ml,
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2013Oct/0031.htm

l), we have made a survey on related specifications on tuner control
and channel identification.

I think this survey can be revisited.

Regards,

Sung Hei Kim, Wook Hyun.