From: Clarke Stevens <c.stevens@cablelabs.com<mailto:c.stevens@cablelabs.com>>
Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:50 PM
To: "public-web-and-tv@w3.org<mailto:public-web-and-tv@w3.org>" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org<mailto:public-web-and-tv@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: [testing] draft of liaison letter

After I sent this I noticed that we wanted to include an invitation to add and edit use cases as well. I've added some text on that below.

-Clarke

From: Clarke Stevens <c.stevens@cablelabs.com<mailto:c.stevens@cablelabs.com>>
Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2013 3:35 PM
To: "public-web-and-tv@w3.org<mailto:public-web-and-tv@w3.org>" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org<mailto:public-web-and-tv@w3.org>>
Subject: [testing] draft of liaison letter

Here's a first cut at a liaison letter from the Web & TV Testing TF to other organizations. It should probably be tailored for different organizations (W3C internal (e.g. Mobile), existing liaison organizations, non-liaison organizations, etc).

------
[contact] at [organization],

The Web & TV Testing task force of the Worldwide Web Consortium (W3C) is developing testing requirements related to HTML5, the Web, and television applications. We are seeking input from organizations working in this area to help us prioritize our HTML5 testing requirements. Questions you may want to answer include:

  *   Which HTML5 specifications are referenced in your work?
  *   Which HTML5 specifications are required and which are optional?
  *   How would you prioritize any referenced HTML5 or related (e.g. CSS) specifications?

If you are a member of W3C, your direct participation in the group would be appreciated and you can directly edit the following table (URL to table). Otherwise, you can send email to: public-web-and-tv@w3c.org<mailto:public-web-and-tv@w3c.org>. Please include [testing] at the beginning of the subject line.

CS>We also encourage you to edit or add to our use cases here (url to test cases).

Thanks,
Clarke Stevens
Moderator
W3C Web & TV Testing Task Force