Re: webtv-ISSUE-63: Encrypted Media Extensions (EME) Testing [testing]

I don't know if this is input for the Web&TV Testing TF or the HTML WG Testing TF, but there are a few additional kinds of EME testing that I think need to be tested somewhere:

1. CDM portability: 1 CDM type, 2 browsers, 1 stream
This would be a test of whether two browsers using the same type of CDM can decode the same encrypted stream. For example, if BrowserA and BrowserB both include support for the XYZ CDM, the test would be whether BrowserA and BrowserB can both decode and display the same stream that is meant to be decoded by the XYZ CDM. This could be tested on both clear-key and non clear-key CDMs.

2. Common Encryption: 2 CDM types, 2 browsers, 1 stream
This would be a test of whether two browsers using different types of CDM can decode the same encrypted stream. For example, if BrowserA supports XYZ CDM and BrowserB supports UVW CDM and if both XYZ and UVW support the same common encryption format, the test would be whether BrowserA and BrowserB can both decode and display the same stream using two different CDMs. This must be tested on two non clear-key CDMs.

3. HTML/CSS transformations: 1 CDM, 1 browser, 1 stream
This would be a test of whether a CDM correctly transforms the video given a variety of HTML and CSS transformations, such as scaling, rotation and occlusion. This could be tested on both clear-key and non clear-key CDMs.

Thanks,
mav