Re: [profile] Profile spec title

I'm not convinced about the world "platform", it seems to imply a lot more
than what we are aiming too.
And since guidelines it seems to be used in W3C for a type of documents
that is different from our document I'll than propose to stick to
"profile".

Even though I agree with Robin that profile tend to generate bad feelings,
at the end of the day a profile is what we are doing.
And anyway I hope people will not judge the book from its cover.

Finally, as a more generic alternative for TV I can propose media.

So the title would be

"Web Media profile"
Guidelines for integration of interactive video services in a
browser-based environment

If nobody disagree I'll use this. Hopefully we can have more discussions
on other topics ;)

/g

On Wed, 08 Feb 2012 17:27:47 +0100, <david.corvoysier@orange.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't argue too much on the exact wording unless it explicitly
> states that the scope of the document is reduced to "resource-limited
> devices", which is exactly what I want to avoid: the whole point of the
> document is to improve interoperability, not to create yet another
> target for service providers ...
>
> That said, the following Robin+giuseppe remix would suit me:
>
> "Web and TV platform"
> Guidelines for integration of interactive video services in a
> browser-based environment
>
> David

TV & Connected Devices
Opera Software