Re: [W3C Web and TV IG] Adaptive streaming MPEG DASH liaison

Ok, so MPEG is pointing to their profiles and asking for suggestions and technical requirements.

Your response says the IG sees DASH as an "architectural framework" and a "starting point" and that further refinement for Web & TV requirements should be done in a new W3C Working Group, separate from the IG.

If that is correct, then I don't think I agree. I don't think we concluded that (or even got that far into the discussion) at the Workshop.

DASH is much more concrete than an architectural framework. And it's much more than a starting point. As I understand the scope of the IG would include requirements for adaptive streaming, so we should work on those and then decide whether DASH (or whatever else) already meets them. If it does not, then we need to decide on a venue for the additional work.

So, I'd still suggest deleting that paragraph.

...Mark