Re: RF-ness (was:" Re: Workshop notes and next steps")

Dear Silvia,

FRAND does not have to mean that everybody has to pay. For instance consider the terms for TV-Anytime: http://www.vialicensing.com/licensing/tvanytime-fees.aspx If you look to the covered patents, you will find that unless you use the WSDL interface, free-to-air implementations are completely free of charge.

> I'd rather develop a completely new format if there is such a potential threat in DASH. It's not that hard to develop a different proposal and if it
> means freedom for the Web, then this is a lot more useful.

Please note that I did not want to make any statements or implications about DASH. Not speaking for them.

Thanks and cheers,

  --alex