Re: [HOME_NETWORK_TF] Comments on "Application Communication" requirement

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 21:49:33 +0200, Matt Hammond
<matt.hammond@rd.bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> Definitely agree with Bob that this requirement should be expressed in
> terms of how there needs to be discovery in order to initiate
> communication.
>
> Thinking about the use of the term 'services': should this be phrased in
> terms of 'applications' throughout, rather than 'services'?
> Communication with services is already covered by other requirements.
> This particular requirement originated from the "Local Link for Web
> Applications" use case[1]:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/HNTF/Home_Network_TF_Requirements#U14:_Local_Link_of_Web_Applications

Agree. It seems to me we need 2 requirements. We can leave the one about
"service communication" as phrased below, plus I would add the following:

"Application communication: Conforming specifications should provide a
means for applications running in different user-agents to exchange
messages directly via the home network."

Bob, Matt, what do you think?

/g