[HOME_NETWORK_TF] Extending ISSUE-22 (LipSyncTimeSynchronisation) to video content

From: Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 14:52:45 +0200
To: "Matt Hammond" <matt.hammond@rd.bbc.co.uk>
Cc: "public-web-and-tv@w3.org" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org>
Matt, all,
while compiling the list of requirement for the Use cases approved so far (that I hope to finish by today so people can take a look and comment on it), I was thinking if we should extend ISSUE-22 to actually cover sync of both audio and video. The use case could be to have an additional video synchronized with the main video (for example a video with sign language synchronized with a newscast). The requirement could be something like

"User agents should provide a means for application to playback additional audio/video tracks that are precisely synchronized with content being played on a home network content player."

Thoughts?

/g

--
Giuseppe Pascale