From: Glenn Adams [mailto:glenn@skynav.com]
Sent: den 8 april 2011 02:32
To: Clarke Stevens
Cc: Jan Lindquist; Matt Hammond; public-web-and-tv@w3.org; Olivier Carmona; Russell Berkoff; Giuseppe Pascale
Subject: Re: [HOME_NETWORK_TF] Home Network Technologies

FYI there is a specific UPnP service defined for this purpose called "RenderingControl". See the following for details:

http://www.upnp.org/specs/av/UPnP-av-RenderingControl-v2-Service.pdf

<http://www.upnp.org/specs/av/UPnP-av-RenderingControl-v2-Service.pdf>G.

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 12:08 AM, Clarke Stevens <C.Stevens@cablelabs.com<mailto:C.Stevens@cablelabs.com>> wrote:
A rendering device (e.g. a TV) may implement volume control. If it does, a control point (e.g. a tablet acting as a remote control) could adjust the volume on the TV.

-Clarke