Re: [HOME_NETWORK_TF] Timing of this TF (was: New TF on Home Networking - Call for Participants)

Russell,
thanks for you UPnP overview!

Let me clarify though that, while UPnP is an important protocol to support
as mentioned in the current requirement docuemtn draft [1],
we should consider being more generic and working on something that works
with UPnP but also with other protocols.
At least this is my opinion, happy to read other people comments on this.

Once (if) we agree on this, next step is which usecases we have in mind
and which approach we want to follow.

even if this group is not going to produce a specification, is important
to discuss possible way to address the requirements since these would be a
valuable input for a working group.

One last comment

On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 04:35:40 +0200, Russell Berkoff
<r.berkoff@sisa.samsung.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There are a number of folks in the DAP WG that should fully understand
> UPnP protocols. However, it's not clear that the DAP WG currently deals
> with the usages UPnP is intended to address.

This is correct, so the discussion here is: do we (and DAP members) think
that the requirements we are drafting (or maybe just some of them) are of
interest for DAP and can be discussed there?
If the answer is no, we will have to look into another WG (new or
existing). If the answer is yes we need to discuss which of these
requirements are of mutual interest and propose to DAP WG to add those
requirements to their charter.

Regards,
/g

[1]