Re: Next Parakeet Biweekly Meeting moved to August 24th

We don't get to make that decision — the schedule of TPAC is in the hands
of the conference organizers.

As far as I can tell, the WICG chairs have not yet assigned times to
different meetings.  I believe @Yoav Weiss <yoavweiss@google.com> is the
person who will do this, but I don't think he has control of the day of the
week either, just the hour of the day.  I do think the WICG-available day
will be Friday, though.

Wednesday afternoon, according to the schedule
<https://www.w3.org/2022/09/TPAC/#schedule>, is for "Breakout sessions".
Those can be proposed by any of us editing the Wiki page at
https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2022/SessionIdeas.  But there are only three
time slots here, with lots (up to 15) of meetings per slot, so the trick is
to avoid timing conflicts with other meetings that would draw the same
people.  There are already breakouts proposed about "IP address privacy"
and "The Future of Cookies" and "Web Monetization" and probably others of
interest here too, so this isn't trivial.  Also "FLEDGE vs PARAKEET"
wouldn't be the normal scope for one of these breakouts — proposals under
incubation rightly are discussed in the scheduled meetings of the groups
where they are being incubated, i.e. the Friday meeting.

So in summary, Wednesday could work as a less-than-ideal fallback, and I'll
come if that's what people want, but it seems logistically awkward.

--Michael

--
Forewarned is worth an octopus in the bush.