Re: discussion on FLOC performance?

Hi Wendy -

Two use cases that I'd like to see discussed in terms of FloCs are:

   - Site personalization: I'm wondering what the expectation is for how
   FLoCs will be used there.  Right now, site personalization can happen by
   targeting audiences or data being included on links.  If FLoCs are seen as
   the replacement, how will it be supported for first-time visitors?  One
   example would be when a user clicks on a link in an email.  If the client
   doesn't support JS, how could the user be added to a FLoC in order to get
   the personalized content?  Or the case where they're trying to support site
   personalization to match an ad campaign - but the user doesn't click on the
   ad (ie, view-through personalization).

   - Analytics: I was thinking about Google Analytics here, but I was just
   wondering if there are plans for how Cohort IDs would be represented in
   analytics reports - or just reporting in general.  Would the names of
   interest-based cohorts be shown?  If browsers create their own FLoCs, what
   info would be shared for reporting (just the Cohort ID, the browser version
   and the Cohort ID, etc.)

Just some thoughts.

Thanks!
- Kris